Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Sketch & Stash Challenge 29


I do love the Sketch & Stash sketches and this week is no exception. It's got just the right amount of "stuff" on it, but not too busy!

Anyways, a few days ago, I received my regular newletter from Great Ormond Street, so I had a check through my box of cards to see if I had enough to take in to work yet. From this check, it would appear that I have LOADS of female cards, a surprising amount of love/anniversary cards but need more baby, new home and male/boy cards. And so I started my personal challenge to make as many male cards as possible and this sketch helped with the first one!

I have used:
neglected Dovecraft Masculine papers
neglected eyelets
new (for Christmas) Scooter image from Mary Hall - I don't know why, but I don't love this image... - coloured with Whispers markers, a metallic pen and gloss

And here are a few more, one with Sk8tr Boy and another with my never-before-used FF bear - loving this image - look out for more!!

PS - Had a fabby time with Clare last night. We exchanged stash, chatted loads and had a lovely time. And I'm probably going to buy some Promarkers!!

UPDATE: Today I have ordered 7 promarkers and they have been dispatched, apparently! Oh, and 2 Belles and Whistles stamps "fell" in to the basket too (only £4 each from Secret Crafter). Oh I know, but the joy of my Christmas stash has long faded and they'll be well used....and I've already trialled the colours thanks to Clare and....!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Susie, I think I could do with looking through neglected stash, the trouble is I can't remember what makes things are once the wrapper has departed!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fab cards!I've also set myself a challenge to make more male card's as i dont make enough and im not sure why cuz i love making them just as much as the girls cards.
    Hugs Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab wee cards pet, great use of the sketch!! Think we're all the same when it comes to male cards, girly 1s are just better hee!
    Oh so Clare has got you hooked on the promarkers! Knew it wouldn't be long hee!!
    Posted you a wee package today, will help hopefully with your challenge for yourself!! ake care sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. all three cards are fab..i dont make enough male cards ..i always run out of ideas..girly all the way!!!...and yes promarkers rock..i love..love..LOVE em!!..lol...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous cards Susie!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great boy cards! Love them! I am the same as you...missing male/new home and baby cards!! So easy to make for the ladies eh??
    You will love the promarkers once you get the hang of them!

    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Susie,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susie,
    These are great cards..I always find mens cards so hard to make,but you have done such a geat job..
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous cards Susie :-) all the images and papers are gorgeous ! :-) Hope your parcel of promarkers n goodies arrived ok :-) It is lovely to have a little retail therapy now and again eh ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Sketch n Stash Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello SUE great card as usual. love the papers and image.
    TAke care xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susie these are gorgeous hun, love the FF stamp. I think a lot of us through choice don't make men cards cod we can't pretty them up lol.
    The image that you don't love, I think I would with a different head lol.
    Thanks for your lovely comment about my rant, I felt sooooo much better for getting it off my chest, and there's always room for you on my soap box lol
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great boy cards! Have fun with your new supplies!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeoud boys cards and great papers and embellies.
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the image and the cards, Each are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)