And on to the card: I loved this Truly Scrumptious Sketch and their theme of How does your garden grow, so had to have a go. And I had a pile of scraps, plus my beautiful new Summer Bloom paper to use.
So, this nice and simple card (using the sketch) has the frame from the Sizzix vine I cut for a previous project, edged with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and Stickles and mounted onto MME Bloom and Grow checked paper, then onto mirri card and a scrap of DCWV Butterflies and Blossoms card and Gemstones card. The sentiment is Clare Curd. The amazing green and black flower is Prima Rebellious, with punched circle middles and punched flowers. And the dotty paper is the new Papermania Summer Bloom, edged with ink.
Have a lovely day folks, and any of you in the warmer south, PLEASE send up some heat and sunshine:0) The garden is sodden and the bairns are only getting out briefly to play in between showers (although the wet weather did mean that we had a cinema visit yesterday to see Shrek, which was FAB!!).





Love it petal!
ReplyDeleteSo simple but so effective, fab!! The Summer Bloom papers are lush hee!!
Have a good day and I'll send some of the sun your way hee!
Hugs Melly xx
Gorgeous card...love the flower...I'm sending you some sunshine but not all of it as summer hols are due to start soon so keeping some back.. lol ...Hope you do have some sunshine soon...
ReplyDeleteMandy xx
Gorgeous card Susie, love those yummy papers I think I "need" them lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to send you some sun hun, we could do with some rain so if you've any to spare we could trade lol
hugs Mandy xx
Gorgeous card Susie, love those stunning papers and fabulous details.
ReplyDeleteWish I could send you some of this German sun - I'm melting here!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx
Hi Susie! What a gorgeous elegant card! xx Jenny xx
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Susie! That's a great sketch and i love the colours you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteWe are off to see Shrek next week and I can't wait I hope it's good as so far nothing has beaten Shrek 2 for me!
Linds xx