Last night, I had lots of fun making this card. I've been doing a bit of tidying recently and realised that I have lots of paper strips and bits 'n' bobs that take up space and need something doing with.
So, I used a scrap that I'd cut out a Nellie frame and a matching scrap of card. I covered the scrap of card with scrap strips and placed my scrap nellies shape on top. I backed it onto some (non-scrap!) Papermania card, some scrap scallops and some ribbon. The centre piece is some scrap corrugated card (from a Starbucks!), a scrap punched flower and a Pink Parfait circle, which has been distressed and inked.
I'm going to enter A Spoon Full of Sugar Happy Birthday and Crafty Cardmakers Desert Island challenges. My desert island items would be the Retro flower punch, Big Shot, Nellie circle die, Sizzix Wedding flower die (the corrugated cardboard shape), paper scraps (maybe limited to just the strips!), the Daisy & Dandelion Birthday set for the sentiment and my fantastic Fiskars trimmer - think my suitcase would be over the baggage allowance, huh!!





Fab card Susie, I have a big bag of scraps, ashamed to say they usually end up in the bin! Also sad to say I've never had a Starbucks! Hugs Sarah x
ReplyDeletebrilliant idea hon...you wouldnt believe the size of my scrap pile...but im thinking i NEED a nellie frame now before i can use them up ;-)..
ReplyDeleteDebs x
Aww huni I just love this!! You are just the best at using your scraps!! A ... whats it called .... eh eco-crafter hee!!
ReplyDeleteMelly xxx
Such a fabulous card Susie. Love the colours you've used and the design also. Hugs Michele x
ReplyDeleteFab idea, looks clean and simple
ReplyDeletehugs xx
brilliant card - love the layout of it, its so stunning, think all of us will have overloaded suitcases though !!! thanks for joining in at crafty cardmakers xx
ReplyDelete