Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Distress Inks and One Layer Cards

I'm back, yet again with some more cards!  It may appear that I am a) neglecting the housework and/or b) neglecting the children, but I assure you that the amount of crafting I'm doing is ABSOLUTELY necessary to keep at least a slight grasp on my sanity just now!

My wonderful friends Elaine and Fi were kind enough to send me some fabulous card (and some images) for trying my Distress Inks again.   THANK YOU both!  I am LOVING painting with these inks - I love the softer effect and find the finer detail much easier to colour than with my Promarkers (I'm still to invest in some of the new nibs).

I have 6 colours: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Worn Lipstick, Brick Red, Weathered Wood and Mustard Seed Yellow and find I can get the majority of the colours I'm looking for by colour mixing, although that's NOT going to stop me "investing" in some more colours, so any suggestions would be greatly received.

My first card is using LOTV's Lazy Afternoon, DEFINITELY one of my favourite stamps.  I've used my favourite Basic Grey Marjolaine papers, favourite twine and my favourite (at the moment) circle nesties.  The script is some Basic Grey rub-ons that I've had for ages.

I would love to enter:
*Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes (and there will be 2 chances to win if the number of entries reach 100!)
The Stamp Man Challenge - Anything by T!m!
*Moving Along With the Times - Favourite Things

My 2nd card is using Distress Inks again with Simply Sassy's Boho ChicElaine, for what it's worth, I definitely feel that she's wearing a scoop neck top, not a polo top!!  I'm afraid I don't know what the papers are called, as my lovely friend, Clare gave them to me last year, but they seemed to suit her.

 I'm guessing you may be losing the will to continue reading this long post, but almost done!

I noticed that Crafty Cardmakers are running a One Layer challenge just now, so I decided to have a go.  This was my first attempt.  I used the Papermania Hampstead stamp and Anniversary sentiments, with a black and turquoise fineline, Stardust Stickles and Silver Stickles.  After looking at lots of the entries so far, I have a LONG way to progress but you've got to start somewhere, huh?!
 The 2nd attempt is my favourite, but then I love square.
 And the third is no longer one layer.....it WAS to start with, but I wasn't happy with it so I butchered it and made it into something I was happier with. 

So,  now that I've bored you for tonight, I shall let you get on!

10 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards Susie...I don't have many DI's either and they are great for mixing and getting different strengths of colour!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards Susie - love the layout and the colouring on the LOTV card, and thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards Susie you should hide more often lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, if only I was so productive, I would be a lot happier!
    I'm glad you are liking the DI's, and your colouring with them is fabulous!!
    Thank you Susie for the Boho Chic, I just felt such an idiot when I did the scoop neck and everyone else did a polo neck, but then I guess the beauty of stamping is we can all interpret them as we see fit.

    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my you have been busy! All fab and all very different, your colouring on the first is stunning!
    Walnut Stain is a very versatile ink pad from TH

    Thanks for sharing your card and your favourites with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy bee!!! Thanks for playing with the theme at the Stampman this time
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are so productive, and all so fabulous. Some lovely colouring on these creations. Your one layer card is a perfect example too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie these are beautiful give yourself a big pat on the back I really struggle with OL cards too but you have done a great job and for your first time too thanks for having a go with our challenge at CCM well done
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Susie, I think my fave is the LOTV one, your colouring is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so many beautiful cards! I think your DI colouring looks gorgeous.

    Love your one layer cards, and your 'adapted' one layer! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)