I decided that I finally had a use for one of the silver curtain rings I'd kept a wee while ago, much to hubby's puzzlement!I used some black satin ribbon (aka satiny shoelaces from my Reebok Shape-ups) and wound it carefully around the ring.
Then I made a centre for the pendant using a headpin, a 20mm crystal fireball and some Swarovski briolette beads and attached it with the ribbon, which was then sewn in place.
I then sewed more briolettes and some 4mm crystal spacers for some more bling and finished with a silver chain and more ribbon.
It DID take lots of blocks of 10 mins, in between making dinner / sorting disputes between children / housework / etc, but I'm fairly happy with the way it turned out.
So, what are you going to make this challenge?
Happy crafting, everyone!







Oh this is beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx
ReplyDeleteSusie your just so clever!
ReplyDeleteI just adore this, looks so pretty and would never have thought it was laces and a curtain hook! Go you!!!
Hugs m xxx
check you out lol loving your work Susie and grear to see you back in blogland.Hope you and the family are well and hope we can catch up over the school holidays.
ReplyDeletehugs Clare
Wow Susie, what a fab project! I'd never have guessed in a million years it was a curtain hook!
ReplyDeleteOh my! This is amazing! It's such an elegant necklace, and made of such basic things - a curtain ring! Reebok shoelaces! Hun, this is just so inspiring! Brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteluv, Mags x
Hi sweetie how are you shug? This is stunning I love it you are so talented hunni you really are!!!
ReplyDeleteLotsa hugs Vicky xxx
That's really something, Susie! Looks fab, how great to be able to make jewellery. CoB
ReplyDeleteMy gosh Susie this is just beautiful! How amazing you have created something so stunning! Very talented!! Xx
ReplyDeleteHi Susie,
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful,love it,your very clever...
Mandy x
Wow Susie your jewellery is always so gorgeous and this is no exception. Stunning. The black ribbon looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteLin xx
I love this its just absolutely fabulously brilliant!!! xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous pendant Susie! what a lovely idea for a curtain ring...inspirational!!
ReplyDeletehugs
I host a linky party every week. would love to invite you to link up any of your beautiful creations!!!
Inspire Me Fridays