Saturday, 6 March 2010

Mam's Mother's Day Card


After making a few other Mother's Day card, I thought I'd better actually make one for my own mum! Her favourite colour is turquoise, so I've used DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies, Basic Grey Cupcake and DCWV Jewel coloured papers.

The image is Belles & Whistles Hearty Thanksgiving and reminds me of my little boy, Euan and his big sis, Louise, hence the choice for my mum. It's been coloured with Almond, Tan, Tea Green, Ice Grey 1, Cool Grey 4 and Denim Blue promarkers and a few Whispers markers (as I don't yet have Promarkers in pumpkin, flower or foliage colours!).

The image has been cut using my Nellies circle die and some punched flowers, Sizzix vines and buttons to complete.

I'm entering the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - the beautiful sketch I followed (very similar to what I tend to revert to when I need a quick card so I LOVED it!)
Stamp Something - Something Girly
Passion for Promarkers - Back to Nature (first time I've entered this one - think the stamp and embellies fit the bill)
Crazy for Challenges - C4C27 - Paper Piercing (believe it or not, this is the first time I've done this as I thought it'd take ages, but it doesn't so I'll be doing it again!)
One Stop Craft Challenge - Sew Simple (faux sewing around paper & letters, real sewing of buttons)

Have a lovely weekend, peeps!

17 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Susie. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This absolutely adorable, thanks for joining us at TG this week
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Susie,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh such an adorable card Susie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo pretty Susie. The image is just adorable and beautifully coloured. Such lovely papers too.
    Thanks for joining us at the OSCC.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute hun! Fabulous image and colours. Thanks for joining in the TG fun this week. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely girly card. Love all the details.
    thank you for joining us at Stamp Something.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susie!
    Totally adoreable card loev the sweet image and fab paper's
    Hugs Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, I am sure she will love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet card, love the image and your flourishes and the stitching is perfect. I'm sure your Mum will love it. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card love the image and your stitching is fab. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card hon... bet your mum will love it!...thanks for joining us at TG this week...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute Susie! love the fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet your mum will love this card it is gorgeous and the colour is lush. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning card susie and your choice of colour is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susie this is such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at TG
    Love Sarah W XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    hugs,Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)