Friday, 29 April 2011

Lou's Birthday Card


I still can't believe it really, but my little girl turned 7 yesterday!  Where on earth does time go to?  It really seems like no time at all when she was lying in her carseat in the living room, with Scott and I both looking at her in awe, wonder and a slight feeling of panic!  But she has grown into a beautiful, intelligent girl, with a lovely nature and a liking for living in her own little world, one filled with fairies and romance, no doubt!

As usual, I was issued with my orders: Gorjuss Bear Hug, with a paper-pieced dress, pale blue and NO BOWS.  So after taking apart my first failed attempt, I managed to create something that I was pleased with and that Lou really liked, phew!  I decided it needed just a little hint of another colour, so decided on pink.  And the teddy has been coloured like her favourite teddy, Dandelion. 

It's hubby's birthday today and the poor thing's working today AND Monday, but we have a birthday dinner at our favourite restaurant to look forward to later today... A homemade birthday cake for Lou & Scott to share...Lou's party is tomorrow...And we're catching up with our lovely friends Clare, Andrew, Arran and Lewis....and maybe another BBQ on Sunday, if all goes to plan.  Best get this posted then!

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! The colours are beautiful and I love those flowers :-) I hope she had a lovely day! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I bet Lou loved it!
    Have a great weekend with all those birthday celebrations!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable this is! I love those pearl sprays! Happy birthday to Lou and Scott, and have a great weekend!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thisis really pretty! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its perfect!
    The card is just what a BIG girl could ask for!!
    Cant think shes that old! Getting so big!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    Ps hope you got you wee bbq today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)