Friday, 25 February 2011

Paper Pieced Bella

I LOVE paper piecing - it's a great way to use up some scraps and the results normally look fab.

So, this is Bella Bunting and she's been coloured with Promarkers, paper pieced using scraps from my fabulous Basic Grey Oliver paper pad and some Diamond Stickles details have been added.

The background paper is a collection of some more scrap strips, stuck and mounted onto a larger scrap of lime paper, with the short scrappy bits of peel off lines.  The flower is actually NOT made from scraps (various flowers and a pearl from stash), but the heart leaves have been punched from scrap lime paper.

I'd like to enter:
Fussy and Fancy  - Embossing and / or Paper Piecing
Totally Papercrafts - Paper Piecing

I love the Simply Sassy stamps for being able to colour the eyes, and this one's hair is reasonably easy to colour too.  I've definitely got my eye on some of the new Sassys coming out soon, as well as the new animal LOTV, new Gorjuss stamps, older Sassys, some circle nesties, some lovely new paper, glue, .............Getting all shaky at the thought of window shopping (and MAYBE buying) some new stuff!

Anyway, I'd also like to remind you all that the first challenge for Dream Valley starts on Sunday and the prizes are awesome.  Yes, I did say plural prizes!  Fantabulous!!  Please come and join in.

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous susie...I love paper piecing too and I may have a go later...kind of busy today tho...but I do have everything scheduled ready to go at the weekend....I am working!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card hun and i love your new sassy. congrats n you new dt post hoping to join you on your first challenge.

    hug clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo gorgeous Susie! I love Bella Bunting, she's definitely one of my favourite Sassys.
    I love your paper piecing, such a fab way to use up some paper scraps and I love the way it looks.

    Have a good weekend.

    Love Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, I love paper piecing too, I really must do it more often! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to working with you at Dream Valley.

    Lovely blog and fab cards, by the way, I've been having a little look around. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love the image. The paper piecing is lovely! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card, fantastic paper piecing.

    Vicky #21 Totally papercrafts challenge 25.2.2011

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww Susie
    i just love it!!
    She is just gorjuss! I adore all of them, hoping the SECC will have them all hee!!
    Love the paper piecing, the boots look fab hee!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - really really love this card - fab image off to look this one up great paper piecing and love the eyes..
    Thanks for joining in at TPC this week - Good Luck
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy this time! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)