Wednesday, 9 February 2011

LOTV - The Girls

As you can see, my obsession with Lili of the Valley continues!  This set of cards are for the girls.  The first is using Born to Shop and is fab to colour. As you can see in the majority of my cards, I LOVE my simple layouts, especially when the images are so cute!  Born to Shop has a mix of the Basic Grey Oliver (red spotty) paper and Papermania Birdsong papers, with some ribbon and buttons to finish.  Think I'll add some gloss to the sunglasses.

It's My Party has so much attitude!  And with this sentiment, I thought it could be for an adult who's not too happy about birthdays!!  The background is a collection of scraps from the Basic Grey Oliver pad - decided these boyish papers actually suited her quite well.  She has some Platinum Stickles on her tiara and shoe laces and around the image - not normally brave enough to use the darker stickles to edge the images, but I really liked it.

I adore Fairies - On Tiptoe!  I decided to try a different colour combo for her AND used turquoise glitter glue on her wings.  I thought the Papermania Birdsong paper was too pretty to cover up, hence the hardly there layout.  I chose the flowers to mirror the colours I'd used in the image, but maybe the card looks a bit autumnal now.  Think I might try the same colours of fairy with blue papers and see the effect....

And finally, Rosie with Presents

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards Susie :) They are all gorgeous! I love the 'It's my party' one...fab!

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beuatiful! That first one just leapt out of my computer screen on the blog roll, it's gorgeous!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic array of girlie cards Susie. Hope you are well and hope we can catch up soon.

    clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susie

    I just love them all!
    They are all just stunning! Love that wee bear at the top with the Kraft colour paper, fab! But gotta adore fairy toes! Amazing cards petal!

    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabulous cards Susie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Love your card using "Its My Party" is too funny. Reminds of my DD not that many years ago. Love the image and your card! Looking forward to working with you at Dream Valley Challenges!

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)