Friday, 3 December 2010

Some Awards

Good morning folks, hope you're all coping alright with the weather.  We are on our 5th day off from school and I'm doubtful that the paths and roads will be cleared before Monday, although you never know!  We have approx -9deg and some more snow forecast for today.  Hubby is managing to get to work and back, which is good for us as he can also pop in to Tesco on the way home (not that they've much left, though!)!!

So, with all this time in the house, we've been busy making (and WRITING!!) Christmas cards, but first, I'd like to post some awards I've very kindly been given.



The first, was given to me by Debs and Elaine ahem, at the beginning of November:(  I'm so sorry for taking so long to post it - November seems to have vanished in a rush of activity and chaos, but hopefully a few more snow days will catch us back up!!

The next 2 were from Melly - thanks Hun.




Ok, for all of these, I am to tell you 3 things about myself and pass on to 5 other bloggers.  Mmmmm this is hard!

1. A long time ago, I used to be a Primary school teacher, until I took on an extended summer job (as I was only ever on a temporary contract with teaching) and found that I actually liked having my evenings and weekends to actually do some nice stuff!

2. I am extremely lucky to have 2 beautiful children who (normally) get on with each other and like crafting!  And a hubby who does NOT like crafting, or all the paraphernalia (had to look up how to spell that one!) that goes with it, but DOES tolerate it.

3. I have discovered a new hobby- snow clearing!  And it seems to appeal to my perfectionist nature in that I am obsessed (like hubby) in keeping the drive and road as clear as possible, with neat banks of snow that are currently almost as tall as me!  This is a pic from Tuesday.  The posts are now well and truly covered.  I'll try to get an up to day pic later. 
EDIT - Ok, so I exaggerated a little, but it FEELS like it's as high as I am when I'm trying to heap yet more snow onto it!  Here's a pic from this morning - Lou is 128cm tall!  And we have a light dusting of snow again. 
Apparently, the I got the attitude award comes with a $5 Digi's With Attitude! Gift Certificate, and you must display the blog award on your sidebar and link it back to the Digi's With Attitude! Challenge Blog.  Not sure if it'll work but.....I'd like to pass these on to the following 5 folk:
(Loopy) Lindsey 
(Crafty Fox) Mandy 
Fi("s Cards and Craft)
Vicky (Sticky with Icky
(A Sprinkling of Glitter) Mandy

 Phew, that was an epic post!!  Need to go and do some housework or sledging before I post the Christmas cards I've made....

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much susie...I will get around to posting the award...need time to think of some stuff. Your snow looks as bad as mine...I can hardly move this morning with all the snow clearing I did yesterday...it was a heavy work out!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie thank you so soooo much for thinking of me I am honoured hun you have put a huge smile on my face this morn. Do you fancy clearing my snow as you are clearly loving it so much lol. Take care hun, stay warm.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment:0)